Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17, 2014

Hello!
Well this week was great and it went by super fast. It looks as if I have survived the winter here because oh my heck it's freaking BEAUTIFUL outside. I think Sora Letinu has taken a picture of the sunset every single morning :) It's literally been amazing :) Which means I can also do other contacting besides Block Knocking. Hallelujah!

Well this week was a good week. Sora Letinu and I really tried to take the streets. We walked a ton this week. I mean a ton. And actually we were contacting in the park. Just so you all know the park has this huge lake in it. So we were contacting and I looked at the lake and parts of it looked like it was still frozen. So of course I have to go and try and throw a stick in to see if it really is still frozen. Well it really wasn't in the part we were in, but right in the middle you can see all these birds just walking around. It was so cool. Sad part of the story though is that I accidentally left my planner there on the ground, next to the lake... so when we tried to go look for it later... yup was not there. Pretty sure it's at the bottom of the lake. :( sadness. Good news though is all the potentials and investigators numbers and names that were written in my planner are all in the area book. Hooray Sora Stewart for being organized! Yeah!
We tried to do a fun contacting activity though in the park around the lake because there are a bunch of swans and a TON of seagulls. We saw randomly an employer at the mall (which is right next to the lake) throw some bread piece by piece into the water and hello so many people were around and they were loving it. So Sora Letinu and I thought! Oh my heck lets go buy some bread and give it to people so they can feed the birds too! It was a great hit and it was so much fun. So many people were laughing and smiling. If you don't know Romania they don't smile very often and they never really laugh. So it was so GREAT! So much fun and we are definitely going to do it again. Need to change up the contacting strategies up a bit!

We weren't able to meet with Alina this week. But I've been really trying a lot harder in following up with her. Because she isn't keeping her commitments. So hard. She's been in all of my prayers this week. She found out that she didn't get the job in Dubai after they told her that she did. She was so heartbroken. I felt so bad and all I could do was just testify my heart out that the Lord will take care of her. If she is doing the things she is supposed to do the Lord will take care of her. He will. I know He will. We are going to meet with her tomorrow and I hope that I can just really speak to her heart. That the spirit will touch something in her heart that will give her more of a desire to read, pray to KNOW, come to church and so on. I love her so much and I know I am here in Constanta because she needs me.

We have a new investigator this week! Amazing! I've been praying and fasting so that way we can find people. Really been trying. Anyways, we had a lesson with Daniela who is in our English class... technically Elder Myler's English class. I teach advance. She is such a sweet heart. She's super quiet and shy and I wasn't really sure exactly how interested she is yet. We had a 30/30 lesson and Sora Letinu and I just felt that we had to get to know her before we tried to really teach her anything major yet. So we did. We did English and then just sat and talked a bit. I'm so glad I did. Because she actually does talk and will open up if she is asked. What's amazing is that she does want to know more. She wasn't to see what we are about. She wants to know more about what we believe. She asked so many questions that go into the questions of the soul which are all answered in the Book of Mormon. I'm so excited to see her again this week!

We had interviews this week which was so interesting since we had interviews Friday and then transfer board was Saturday. I have kind of just had this feeling of peace that whoever my new companion is is going to be great and I just don't have to worry. Usually I'm freaking out because I feel like I'm leaving or I just don't know who I am going to serve with. What's weird is that I've been totally chill... for the most part... So anyways. We go up to interviews and I sit in with President Hill first. Before we even say the prayer he goes," Well Sora Stewart are you ready for a NEW companion." I say," Well of course President Hill. I mean Sora Letinu has to go back home to Ploiesti so I have to have a new one." Obviously I didn't get what he meant. So he says," I mean a NEW missionary right from the MTC." Ummm YUP! haha I'm so excited so here I am! I'm gonna be a momma! (Mission language for I am going to be a trainer and have a newby) I'm so excited and the branch is pretty excited too. The branches always love new missionaries. I think it's exciting for them to see how they grow and are just thrown into this Romanian world. I think of my first Sunday and I didn't understand I single word. Now that I look back they said. Hi welcome to cluj. Gosh how I knew nothing! :) I'm so excited though and I really really am excited that I get to train! Hoping and praying that I'll be a good trainer! I'm gonna have a little baby! So excited! We actually have two sisters from Mexico and one sister from El Salvador. Kind of have been praying to have the girl from El Salvador! Sora Letinu is praying that one from Mexico will come to Ploiesti so she can talk to her all day long in Spanish.

I love my dear companion. I'm gonna miss her so much. She's going to do great things though in Spain in Ploiesti in Romania :) So excited for her :) I just adore her.


Well here is to another transfer here in Constanta! I'll have been here for 6 months! Things are going to change and miracles are going to happen here :)

Love you all!
Sora Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment