Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014



Hello,

Well I've been trying to figure out for the last little bit of what I wanted to write about and what I wanted to directly relate today. Looking over my planner and we did a lot. We were really busy. It was exhausting. I'm really tired. Have I mentioned that? Doing good but goodness sometimes that plane ride really looks nice. I mean it's a 10 hour plane ride from London to home. haha. Don't worry now, not getting trunky I'm just saying in the end I can sleep on the plane ride home and boy does that sound nice.

One great thing that happened this week was with Maya.
I honestly thought that she didn't want us to contact her again. It was super sad and devestating because she really does have the sweetest spirit. She really does have righteous desires and she can complete and be so much with the restored Gospel. So when she hadn't answered for about 2 1/2 weeks I thought she was done. Then I get a sweet call from my old companion Sora Bischoff saying that Maya emailed her and said that she does still want to meet with us she just hasn't had credit to call us when she's missed our calls. Oh goodness that was the best news. She just got a new job and so we've been stopping by there. She was so happy when she saw us, she literally just gave us the biggest hug. Made me entire week really. 
I'm just so happy that she does want lessons again. Going to be a bit harder now though since she does have this new job, but goodness if she can just come to church... working on it. Working on it. 

We visited the Mateescu family as well this week. They are such a cool family. Parents are super active but the girls aren't. In fact I had only met one of the daughters Raluca. But! Guess what I met their other daughter Alina this week. She sat in on our lesson where we talked about President Eyrings talk "Herritage of Hope" It was a really cool lesson. She talked quite a bit and we feel like now we understand how we can help her. The spirit was very strong and it really spoke to them.

You know it's just really neat being here. Being surrounded by people who are converts to the church. That have basically lived their whole lives in this other religion and then when they met with missionaries they felt the power of the spirit speak to them through the Restored Gospel. It's amazing. So when they bare testimony of all they know you just feel it. It just hits you and it is crazy powerful. I just love the members here. I really do. I am just so grateful for all that they sacrifice for all that they do. 

Just an example of the members. Sora Bastidas wasn't feeling well at all. She got the stomach flu Sunday morning and she was just in a lot of pain. It was really sad and basically all the members went to her. They all just wanted to help her. They just wanted to do anything they could. We went home after sacrament she just wasn't feeling well at all and luckily the office elders are in our branch and drove us home. Later on we got a ton of calls asking how she is and if she was feeling better. That's just how much they care. They love us. They really love us as missionaries and love how much we try to do for them. 

I just feel so much gratitude this week. I've just met some amazing people on my mission. People that really have just touched my life. And most of them have been members. They are such great examples to me of Enduring to the end. I mean we have to correct some false doctrine and fights that break out during Relief Society now and then. That's normal right? But really all in and all they just love God. They love Christ. They have such strong testimonies of the gospel. They try to share the gospel with all of their family and friends. They want this church to be full and to be huge. They want so many great things and I am so grateful for that.

And you know I feel like that's all I really need to share today. Is just my gratitude. Truly grateful for all of these experiences. For these members. For my investigators. For my sweet new converts that I've taught. For my companions. For my leaders. Just so many people have really touched my life and have completely changed me. And I really like that me. 

I love you all. I'll see you shortly. 
Working hard till I crash in the plane... well not literally crash haha :)

Love you!
Sora Stewart



No comments:

Post a Comment